Happy to join you all from Holland - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Happy to join you all from Holland

Hi there! Happy to join you and congrats with this forum! Looks great! I am a former Smart 4/2 Passion driver (07-200 and dumped the beast in great dissapointment for its heavy fuelconsumption, bad dealer-service and nasty gear-habits. Mij IQ will be deliverd the 11e of May and is Pearly White (the purple and black are not my favourites). It is the most luxury version with full options. So i am pregnant so to speak.
Having said that i am a male of 58 years of age and a projectmanager in the public service. I have driven cars from 1974 of different makes and models. After the dark Smart-months I was hooked on the IQ when i finished the testdrive at my dealers. It ticks all of my boxes so what more can i wish. I sold my Smart after 7 months use and lost a bundel doing that. It troubled me every day and i am glad its gone now.
Hobby's: gaming, photography, collecting knives and knivecrafmantship and i am a gadgetfreak (my wife does not like that )
Hope to join you all every day and learn and enjoy your experiences with the IQ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toyota_iQ_18112008.jpg (46.2 KB, 336 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 05:01 PM
TwoBear

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default Re: Happy to join you all from Holland

Welcome! It is great that you will have your car so soon. We here in America don't even know for sure if the iQ will be sold here, let alone when.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Don't worry, the recession will speed things up a lot i think! Toyota would be foolish not to introduce this model in the USA. Up till now we drove about 1700 km with our IQ and enjoyed it every minute! The average is about 1: 17,8 litres of gaz. I had to get used to some things like the keyless entry of the car. Closing it by touching the doorhandle is a miss sometimes, but that's just making it a habit to do it right.
I just found out trough the Dutch IQ-forum that the sparebulbs that are delivered with the car are not the right ones. The headlights use a HIR-bulb which is not included in the spare-set. This contains only a H11 bulb which fits the foglights in the front and not the headlight. I wrote Toyota about this and I'm waiting for their answer. Furthermore i ordered a rubber "trunk-mat" to cover and protect the backseat when its folded down to enlarge the bootpart (which we did a few days ago when we had a short holidaybreak). In this way you can drop your bags etc without the fear of damage to the leather interior. It works quit well! OK that's it for now. Keep you posted! Have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 AM

Good to know about the trunk mat & bulbs.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 AM

Default Happy to join you all from Holland

Hello Emelyn, if you do not know how to answer the people speaking Japanese, ay ket ag-ilokano ka latta kabsat. Mabalin latta Just speak Ilokano - ..... i am lost in translation.... Hahaha. Joke. Siak ni Summer from the North particularly Cordillera Region.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page