Scion IQ Forum

Scion IQ Forum (https://www.iqcolony.com/forum/)
-   iQ Pictures And Videos (https://www.iqcolony.com/forum/12-iq-pictures-videos/)
-   -   Iq vs. Smart side by side photo! (https://www.iqcolony.com/forum/12-iq-pictures-videos/68-iq-vs-smart-side-side-photo.html)

shelly_d 09-04-2008 06:23 PM

Iq vs. Smart side by side photo!

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the picture I've been waiting for!

RickZ 09-11-2008 05:35 PM

Re: Iq vs. Smart side by side photo!

I have to say, the Smart has a bit more pizzaz with it's two-tone paint. The IQ looks like a gumdrop.

BoomersRock 10-11-2008 07:04 PM

Nice, but i agree, the smart looks better at this angle.

iqrate 10-21-2008 03:09 AM

I have to say I like the IQs cleaner look. I'm not feeling the Starsky and Hutch striping thingy.

shelly_d 10-22-2008 06:58 PM

:D I like the IQ better, but still think the Smart is cute. I just hope it comes to the US mid 2009 as planned......before my reservation for the Smart comes to reality!!! Then it will not be a hard decision. If the Smart comes first, I will have to make a tough decision......anyone else in my situation?

Purple 12-15-2008 07:21 AM

[First post ;)]

I prefer the IQ. Sure, the Smart looks cute, but the IQ has a certain bull-doggish stance about it. The Smart looks pinched.

>Mr Sparkle<

iQ girl7 01-29-2009 09:50 PM

Shelly,
I am in your exact position! I hope my current car holds out long enough for the iQ, that it will be reasonably priced, that the smart I ordered won't get here first. I just turned down a well equipped smart orphan at a good price since my 10 yr old car is running well right now. Well see what happens. I really dig the iQ. This pic is wonderful. I do like the smart's virtually dent proof panels and tridion. I think it looks like the iQ has a little nose on the front hood. Very cute. :)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Purple 01-30-2009 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iQ girl7
... be reasonably priced, that the smart I ordered won't get here first.

Well, if your experience is anything like mine, the Smart will arrive first.

IQ released in the UK on January 1st. Test drive requested in mid December.

End of January is here, and still no test drive.

Smart CDi due in the UK in March (85 miles to the gallon, 88g/mile CO emissions, no road tax to pay), requested test drive last week. Demonstration car has arrived, and I've booked the test for next week.

Smart is 2000 (roughly $3000) cheaper than the Smart.

Smart is smart; IQ is arrogant. Keeping me waiting is not going to make me want the car more.

JnC 01-30-2009 08:07 AM

I've never noticed how much the rear hatch is sloped on the iQ until that photo. For a car designed around packaging considerations, it seems odd why they didn't make it more vertical and integrate a rear impact roof bar.

iQ girl7 01-30-2009 10:37 AM

I was thinking that too, about the back hatch. That if built vertically with the same base dimensions it would have added more truck room or why didn't they do what you said and have it come straight down? I also made a mental note that when back in, I would have to remember that the bottom extends longer than the top.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote