What do you like most about the iQ? - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 AM
redline

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default What do you like most about the iQ?

From what we know about the iQ from the press releases, what do you all like most about the production iQ?

Overall, I like almost everything about the iQ but here's what I like the most:

- The rear wrap around window.
- For a small car, I like that it looks solid and bold, but cute at the same time.
- The techno styling of the interior that I hope will come in multiple color choices.
- The option of a diesel engine.

What are some of your favourite features?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:11 AM
dhoosee

Default Re: What do you like most about the iQ?

• I LOVE this car. Period.

I had the chance to drive the Smart ForTwo, and came away very disappointed. Balky transmission (with no manual/clutch option), way too narrow, and Mercedes "reliability" (insert sarcasm here). The iQ looks much wider and more stout than the Smart, which is a good thing. Fit and finish (based on Toyota's history) will be far superior too.

OK, my wish list for this car:
    • 6-speed manual tranny (which looks to be reality based on photos circulating on Autoblog)
    • Diesel engine option. Small displacement to keep costs & fuel consumption down.
    • Glass roof
    • iPod jack
    • A decent sound system. Probably hard to do in such a small car, but the best that can be crammed in (as an option).
    • Leather steering wheel and that cool wrapped-look shifter boot
    • Instrument cluster as is; do not center it on the dashboard, a-la Scion xB, or xD
    • The beautiful alloys shown on the Geneva car
    • Good quality interior materials/fabrics/plastics. I would be VERY willing to pay extra for this.

The biggest two would be the 6-speed and the diesel option. I would like the car to get 40mpg +.

If Toyota brought it here to Chicago tomorrow, I would probably buy one immediately.

Please, Toyota...bring this car to North America!!!!

Here is a great website for you car nuts unfamiliar with Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/toyota-iq-4/676152/ . They are constantly updating the site with new information, so get the RSS feed and check it out often. It's how I discovered the iQ!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
redline

I don't think the Smart can be compared to the iQ except for their sizes. I checked out the Smart a few years ago and walked away feeling like it was more of a toy than a car. Even though I haven't seen the iQ in person it just feels more "car" for me.

I think one of the items on your wish list has been granted. This is from the press release:

Quote:
The iQ will have the choice of one of two petrol or one diesel engine. These engines - along with the compact design, low weight, and aerodynamic shape of the iQ - will contribute to outstanding fuel economy and exceptionally low CO emissions, which are anticipated to start at around 100g/km.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In the US we'll probably only have one engine choice. I read that it would be the one that is used in the Yaris since the engine bays are quite the same.

Yea, I drove a Smart convertible when they were doing their pre-introduction USA tour. It was crude. The transmission was jerky and the brakes with the peddle coming out of the floor were very bad...as if they weren't power. The Smart tech that was my passenger said that it was a pre-production model and the production car would be better....Hmmmmmm, I don't know about that.

ULTIMATELY, I want the IQ to be a polished little machine, not a toy.
Attractive interior with good materials, quality.
I want it to use regular gas, not premium like the Smart.
Locking glove box
Good premium radio option
Spare tire (Don't know where they'd put it!)
Automatic Transmission (CVT?)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I read that too Rick - the same engine as the Yaris.

I have one - and in truth I have more engine than I need at 1.5

the IQ simply does not "need" a 1.5, 1.0 or less is what I'd want to get 45 mpg.

I get 37 now - why buy a smaller car and get 39 because i have more power than I need?

...........but I fear you are right - if this thing actually does show up they probably will not offer the 3-cylinder.

Knowing Toyota and the "wisdom" they will not even offer the Manaul tranny!

..................sadly if so that would leave me out.

I nearly did not buy my Yaris since it took me a God damned YEAR to find one with a manual/power package - even then I had to drive 400 miles to get it!!

my experience with Toyota has been very very subpar - I doubt I'll deal with them again unless they change their "regional options" (and fire Gulf States Distributers) crap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page