Actual IQ owner likes the car - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Actual IQ owner likes the car

I know I searched the web hard to find any statements from actual owners that either liked their IQ purchases, or didnt like their IQ purchases. There are lots of forums with people stating whether or not they liked the car based on what they saw or what they read. But no real users that plunked down the cash to buy one. I thought Id open a thread on that topic. I bought an IQ after researching and driving the Mini Cooper and the Fiat 500. Im mid 50s, 6 foot and well into the 200 lb range. No kids at home, and the last time anyone was in the back seat of one of my cars has been so long ago that I cant remember. So, I really didnt want a 4 passenger car. The closest Cooper Dealer to me is 2 hours. That to me is half a day to get an oil change. The closest Fiat dealer is an hour away. There is a Toyota dealer right across the parking lot from my office. That probably weighed in at about 50% of my decision. I fit easily into the IQ, I dont mind the automatic transmission, its actually pretty slick. You put your foot into it and the little motor revs up to 4 grand or so, then, the transmission catches up, rather quickly in my opinion. The best description is like pulling back on a rubber band. The car is made well, the stereo is better than the one in my wifes new Subaru Forester, and I folded the rear seats down and put the IQ carpeted mat in the back when I bought the car and it hasnt moved since. I pop the hatch in the morning, toss in my briefase, and zip off to work. I pay zero attention to driving it in a manner to save gas. I just go as fast and as far as I want. I havent had a tank yet that didnt display at least 34mpg on the average. Usually its 35, and, I've had a couple average 37. I save my slips when I get gas just to hand em to my buddies at the club. If I wait until all the bars go out on the guage and then fill up, the cost for a tank is $21.00. Its been 30 years since I've filled up a car for 20 bucks. My wife and I will often take Sundays and drive 150 to 300 miles to find something fun to do for the day. I honestly figured we'd take the Subaru if we were going to travel more than 100 miles. As it is, generally, we take the IQ. It's just fun to cruise around in. People stop us all the time and want to look at it. Ive had the car about 2 months. Its early in the game, but what I've seen of it so far leads me to believe its a real good choice. If there was anything I could change about it, it would be to add a center arm rest. I suppose some aftermarket company will figure that out and make one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 01:33 AM
TwoBear

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default Re: Actual IQ owner likes the car

I'm loving mine!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page