What do you like the least or don't you like about the iQ? - Page 2 - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Re: What do you like the least or don't you like about the iQ?

I don't need a back seat. Maybe they could make it an option. Just have a cover of some sort back there to shield packages from prying eyes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 PM

The one thing I don't like about it is that its not available in the US yet.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Oh dear!
I have just realized that I'm going to have "a small iQ".

Toyota did the smart thing and didn't call Yaris "Vitz" outside of Japan (it means joke in German, misspelled slightly) and MR2 in France (say M R 2 in French and you will know why). Now please give the iQ another name as well.

Keep the current naming scheme and call it Aeris* or something instead, it will fit well into Aygo, Avensis, Auris and so on, just not iQ, please!

*I like Final Fantasy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
JnC

Resurrecting an old thread that will likely be a popular topic.

Exterior: The front end seems too squarish, particularly with the headlights and single slit grill. But I suppose it's a packaging concession.

Interior: That silver manta thing in the dash. Ugly and unnecessary. I like having the Navi up high, but I don't like those wings.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
marinjim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Amnesiac, great site, I'm looking forward to more participants and information.

The thing I like least is not knowing when Toyota will start making a plug in hybrid (PHEV) version of the iQ.

As others have stated Toyota has said they will have a hybrid version of all models in the future. I'm committed to continuing to drive my 15 year old Lexus until I can get a PHEV by Toyota or Honda. Being the excellent marketers they are I suspect we won't get any word until a month or so in advance of an actual release. [
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Can't wait for this car to come out. I have been in contact with my Scion salesperson about this!
My 'complaints' are minor and not deal breakers for me.

I don't like the little antenna... I wish it could be glass-integrated like my old scion xB.

I would like it to have the option of a glass roof like my current smart 42 with a sunshade. That really opens up the inside.

I don't like the "glove box" velcroed-on like that. Hopefully there is an under seat drawer for keeping some stuff out of sight and contained, not just in the map pockets.

I do like the purple and brown colors in the interior, and wonder how that will carry through in production, since most scions have only one interior spec, right?

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 05:12 AM

I received my iQ about two weeks ago. So well designed. I Love it ! but....

The Interior light is pathetic. And there is no light around the boot(?) area either. This makes it very difficult to see at night when putting things in or taking things out of the car.

I would have preferred a lighter colour interior. The dark grey on a rainy dark day is so gloomy and depressing. I see that the European Toyota site now shows a beige interior.... (I thought the UK WAS in Europe. My mistake.) Once again The UK has to take second best.... Why is that ? (Toyota, feel free to comment here)

A Sunroof would have been a big plus, Also helping combat the gloomy interior....

New - Week 3
The plastic on the inside of the doors tend to scuff very easily.... Fabric would have been a better choice rather than the dark plastic...

Also, I wish they had added a feature on the seats to remember the seat position. Because you have to move the seat back forward to get into the back for even the smallest of things, you have to readjust both the floor runner set up AND the seat back position each time.....
One is on the bottom right, the other is on the left top.

I am stilling finding fun new things about the car we think it is a Dream to drive. The car it self is Very well engineered. Yet some of the other bits seem to have been an after thought...

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM

There is a fix for the boot-light problem, as it is a common issue with these small cars.

You can get small click-on lights in many supermarkets that run on batteries and stick right onto where you would like them: Ideal for the boot.

I will look into the interior color choices.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 PM
marinjim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

icute,

How is the ride on the highway? Does the car feel stable, with a a wind, being passed by a truck?

A jealous statesider :P,
Marinjim

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:27 PM

IQ handles great on the highway, better then the Smart I feel.

What I don't like:
Weird boot-cover (only covers from above, not from the front) and it's impossible to attach
3+1 is more like 2+2 (my 2-year old doesn't fit behind the driver's seat in the babyseat)
Phone operating (as part of the nav-system) is user unfriendly: you're unable to use the phone numbers from the list n youre mobile, you need to enter them into the system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page