this car. Period.
I had the chance to drive the Smart ForTwo, and came away very disappointed. Balky transmission (with no manual/clutch option), way too narrow, and Mercedes "reliability" (insert sarcasm here). The iQ looks much wider and more stout than the Smart, which is a good thing. Fit and finish (based on Toyota's history) will be far superior too.
OK, my wish list for this car:
- 6-speed manual tranny (which looks to be reality based on photos circulating on Autoblog)
- Diesel engine option. Small displacement to keep costs & fuel consumption down.
- Glass roof
- iPod jack
- A decent sound system. Probably hard to do in such a small car, but the best that can be crammed in (as an option).
- Leather steering wheel and that cool wrapped-look shifter boot
- Instrument cluster as is; do not center it on the dashboard, a-la Scion xB, or xD
- The beautiful alloys shown on the Geneva car
- Good quality interior materials/fabrics/plastics. I would be VERY willing to pay extra for this.
The biggest two would be the 6-speed and the diesel option. I would like the car to get 40mpg +.
If Toyota brought it here to Chicago tomorrow, I would probably buy one immediately.
Please, Toyota...bring this car to North America!!!!
Here is a great website for you car nuts unfamiliar with Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/toyota-iq-4/676152/
. They are constantly updating the site with new information, so get the RSS feed and check it out often. It's how I discovered the iQ! [/list]