A welcome from The Netherlands..... - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default A welcome from The Netherlands.....

Hello every iQ owner,

I am from Holland (The Netherlands) and I have a red iQ (called "Lady Gaga").
My former car was a big Toyota Previa with full options....and I must say...I do not miss it one bit.
Because in Holland this car is free from road taxes and the good mileage...it is a blessing compared to the Previa (SUV).

I ordered the iQ in December 2009 en got it in last half of April 2010. Waiting was not very nice...but...worth while....
I think the new red color has to do with the new series. It also has an adjustable drivers seat / in hight adjustable.
It's a CVT automatic (witch works very very well), has cruise control and a pulling hook (only for bicycle holder).
And I have built in a rear camera.
Furthermore I have built a luggage-box on the bicycle holder (Twinny Load) that fits in the pull-hook-thingie...

Unfortunately it is not allowed to pull something with this pull-hook-thingie. Because it would be very handy to pull a motorcycle on a trailer or a light motorboat.
I have had a hard discussion with the manufacturer of the hook (Thule) an with Toyota Import. But they do not want to think with me, why it is not allowed to do so.
This because I also have a Smart ForTwo (the iQ is a way better car!!), but on a Smart it is allowed to have a pulling hook (but only in Germany). How crazy can it be.

Anyways...I am delighted to own an iQ. It is such a fine mature car / it drives lake a very big one. And I always get people to start smiling when they see the little car :-)

Coming 12 September there is a iQ Meeting in the center of Holland. Everybody is welcome.....

My iQ is named "Lady GaGa"...it has CVT, rear camera and cruise control.... and.... a pulling hook....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page