Ford Verve / Fiesta info - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 07:22 AM
dhoosee

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default Ford Verve / Fiesta info

While watching the iQ, I'm also watching the up-n-coming new Ford Fiesta (formerly the Verve concept). It looks interesitng, but I'm already questioning the quality of engineering and construction. It's from Ford Europe, so all of the motor press is optomisitc that it will be good.

I sent a note to Ford customer relations off of their website, and got the following response. Here is the chain:

-----Original Message-----

From: dhoosee@gmail.com" Ford Motor Company - Main Topic: GeneralCorporateEmail

Questions: Please bring the 2009 / 2010 Ford Fiesta to the U.S. as a 3-door hatchback! It is a much more attractive car than the sedan.

Ford needs more excitement in their lineup, and I am certain that the new Fiesta 3-door hatch would help accomplish this mission. Please see how excited folks are about the hatch in the comments section of this web page:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/05/w...-u-s/#comments

I would strongly consider buying this car as a 3-door, but would probably not if it was a sedan.

FYI, I am a current Ford stockholder, and Lexus driver that will be looking for a new economy car within the next two years. I hope to see the new Fiesta hatchback as one of my choices.

Thank you for your time,
Dave See
Wheaton, IL

AND THEIR RESPONSE:

Dear Dave,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the availability of a 2009 Ford Fiesta in North America.

There are no details at this time reflecting plans to put the Ford Fiesta into commercial production in North America.

From time to time, vehicle models are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.

The Customer Relationship Center is unaware in advance of changes that our Engineering and Design Team may be making and the specific reasons that the changes may be made in the future. This type of information is considered confidential until the appropriate media statement is released. If you are interested in some futuristic vehicle design ideas that we are working on, visit us at:

1. www.ford.com
2. Select 'Innovation'

We think you will like what you see.

In addition, we appreciate your interest in affecting the direction and improving the quality of Ford products and services.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Marites
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

WOW! It's common knowledge that the car is coming to N.A. in one form or another, and the best guess is the sedan. They're staying tight-lipped about something that they should be getting people fired up on! Besides, I was only wanting to clock my vote for the hatchback, and not looking for a response!

Poor Ford. So misguided.

Think I'll stick with Toyota!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
redline

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default Re: Ford Verve / Fiesta info

Did you send a letter to Toyota also!? I read somewhere that 60% of Ford's lineup is going to be new/next gen models so they're probably staying tight lipped so the Fiesta does not take the attention away from their new products. They have a long recovery ahead.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page