What do you like the least or don't you like about the iQ? - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 10:17 AM
redline

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default What do you like the least or don't you like about the iQ?

Since I started the post on what we like the most about the iQ, it's only fair to start one stating what we like the least or don't like about it. I don't think that there is anything that I don't like about it. If I did then I probably wouldn't have started this site.

However, the least thing that I like about the Toyota iQ is the purple trim color of the interior that I hope Toyota will provide multiple choices for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
dhoosee

Default Re: What do you like the least or don't you like about the iQ?

Hey, Amnesiac...great idea for a forum! Thanks for starting it....it looks great.

I have to agree with you that there isn't anything that I don't like about the car. It's awesome! Yes, the purple color is funky, but I'm sure that they'll offer other choices, especially for the US market, where the manufacturers always dumb things down for us.

The rear seat looks a little flimsy, but I'd have to actually sit in it to be sure.

The nose is a little funky looking (Scion xD-ish), but much better than the original iQ concept: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_iQ

Small nits to pick. Other than that....perfect!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-2007_Toyota_iQ-Concept_01.jpg (53.7 KB, 1091 views)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
redline

Hi dhoosee!

Welcome to the (two person) community! Right now, it's just you and me. LOL How did you find this site? I've just had it up for a few weeks and didn't expect to see anyone here so soon.

One thing that I wished Toyota should have kept was the big sunroof that the concept car had. A sunroof that size on a small car would almost make you feel like you were in a convertible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:17 PM
dhoosee

Am-

I found your site via Google, but I don't remember just what I Googled to find it! Big thumbs-up for the way that you've put it together. It's very professional looking, logical, and user-friendly. It'll be a smash hit, just give it time. Do you run any other forums? I hang at "C30 World" as my wife is probably going to purchase a Volvo in the near future.

Yes, I saw that they are doing a diesel for Europe and/or Japan, but as always, not for the U.S. thanks to Tier 2 / Bin 5 regulations. Unfortunately, high diesel prices ($4.15 per gallon vs $3.25 for regular unleaded here in Chicago this morning) are closing the gap that gives diesel the financial advantage over gas. Environmentally, we'd be using less oil (more mpg's) which is good, but the monetary incentive is decreased and makes it harder to justify the $1000 to $2000 premium that a diesel usually commands.

I really hope that Toyota brings this car here. Your starting this forum will do nothing but help the cause, as I truly believe that auto execs troll these forums looking for feedback.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Adios,
Dave

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 06:56 PM
redline

Dave,

Thanks for your support. This is my first forum and it's been a lot of work, I'm glad you like it.

It just slipped my mind about the different regulations in the U.S regarding diesel, my bad. I'm sure you already knew that the iQ would be available in diesel in the European and Asian markets considering that you love the iQ as much as I do.

Hey, why don't you start a thread to get feedback from (future) members of this site about bringing the iQ to North America? This might encourage Toyota to bring the iQ sooner. Who knows, it might make a difference.

Cheers
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesiac
One thing that I wished Toyota should have kept was the big sunroof that the concept car had. A sunroof that size on a small car would almost make you feel like you were in a convertible.
Maybe the sunroof will be an option. If there is no option from the factory, you could always get a good aftermarket installation..
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 AM
dhoosee

I'll take one....sunroof or no sunroof (though one would be preferred!)

Welcome, Caroline!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 AM
redline

Welcome Caroline, glad to have you on board.

I would rather have a factory sunroof. Isn't there a possibility that an aftermarket install may affect the structural integrity of the iQ. Like dhoosee says, sunroof or no sunroof would be fine.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 03:28 PM

I could live without the sunroof, but I would gladly pay $1000 for it as well. It might be a bit too heavy, but other car makers (like Peugeot) make them and the Smart has funky arrangements as well, so I will keep my hopes up. I'm afraid the steering wheel will not make it to production either, but being an upscale vehicle in this segment, there is at least hope for it to go through the system just like the triangular tail pipes on the Civic.

The name is the only thing that I don't really like.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:13 AM

A full length factory roof is the go. As long as it has integral blind too.
The Smart car is not so smart with its softop option - when the ragtop is down it doesnt fold away that neatly, leaving a restricted view.

The Fiat 500 glass room is the biz...if the iQ gets the same treatment - great....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fiat.jpg (56.5 KB, 1087 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page