Scion IQ with 1.3L only High 30s MPG - Scion IQ Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Scion IQ with 1.3L only High 30s MPG

I wasn't impressed to hear that the Scion IQ's 1.3L Motor can only do high 30s MPG Highway... Boooo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
marinjim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default Re: Scion IQ with 1.3L only High 30s MPG

City 39 Hwy 49 see best article yet on mpg http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2010/04...mpg-price.html do your own liter/km to mpg conversion at http://www.calculateme.com/cGasMilea...100kmtoMPG.htm .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

The information I quoted is from the official Scion IQ release from last March 31st. High 30s MPG. it was not clear if it's Hwy or combined city/hwy. I'm still hoping to be more in the mid to high 40s.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Here's the official Scion IQ release video: http://www.sciondimension.com/ click on event video. Works best in Internet Explorer.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 11:09 AM

great presentation..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 03:43 AM

The IQ could easily get 60 US miles per gallon if they didn't change anything from the European Version such as 90 or 68 HP. However, a car that got 60 Miles per gallon might wreak havoc on their higher profit selling models such as camry, Prius, etc... Plus the Scion IQ, for America, isn't designed for practicality as it is over seas. Rather it is built for the youth oriented who want more power and faster cars.

So, the IQ will undoubtedly come with a bigger engine, burn a lot more gas in comparison to the European version. The only way the car manufacturers will sell America the gas saving cars that are built just for Europe is if we protested and stopped buying cars and demanded that they give us the same cars. But they will never happen here in North America unless the price of gas jumped over $4.00 per gallon and stayed there or higher.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 PM

I am an iQ car from Britain.

The lowest gas mileage I have got with my 1.0vvti engine is 38.8mpg at an average speed of 73.3mph over 150 miles. During this run I was mostly 'cruising' at about 85mph, and even hit 103mph on the clock.

I can easily get 60+mpg on a cruise if my driver restricts himself to 60mph and drives me sensitively.

I am going to see the Toyota technicians soon to fix my mpg display which will only register 60mpg, even when I am obviously doing better gas mileage. It seems I have been factory set so that the computer only reads 60mpg even when doing greater gas mileage. I'll let you know how that goes.

Currently, at the time of writing, I have covered 8,500 miles since being first registered ont he road back in Feb 2010. I'm wondering if I might be one fo the highest mileage 2010 model iQs around?

Follow me on Twitter as I drive all over Britain - and occasionally in Europe too! www.twitter.com/iQcar - my driver is Glenn le Santo, he is @lesanto on Twitter.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 01:23 PM

Well, I currently drive a Yaris, so those mpg numbers seem about right. I am a bit disappointed the U.S. iQ won't (be allowed to) do better. We'll see...as much as I'd love to, I may not have a compelling reason to move from my Yaris. It's fine to try and woo the young, hip crowd, but don't forget those of us who have always favored this type of car and would be glad to make the switch.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgump
The only way the car manufacturers will sell America the gas saving cars that are built just for Europe is if we protested and stopped buying cars and demanded that they give us the same cars. But they will never happen here in North America unless the price of gas jumped over $4.00 per gallon and stayed there or higher.
Unfortunately we're there. And nobody's protesting.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 AM

The IQ engine (In the USA) is a 1.3L it is small but it is high performance, 94h.p. @6000rpm & 89 lbft of torque @ 4400rpm.

Then being able to get 36mpg city & 37mpg Hwy, and to have this level of high performance is nothing short of amazing.

The car is no slouch, it can move out fairly well.

I am more than satisfied with it's performance and economy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page