LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:20 PM
redline

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Default Topless iQ

Hey all,

What does everyone think of a convertable iQ? I think I like the hard top, the soft top just doesn't do it for me.

Quote:
The creative folks over at Japan's Best Car magazine have come up with what appears to be a computer enhanced image that gives us an idea of what a Toyota iQ Cabriolet could look like if such a version were to be produced. While rumors across the pond make word of a more sporty roadster version of the iQ, Best Car seems to believe that Toyota would most likely go for a more simple approach removing the front and rear parts of the hatchback's rooftop, leaving a center section that would not only act as a safety roll-bar, but also add to the structural integrity of the vehicle.

Since there aren't any other changes, the iQ would probably be able to squeeze in 3 adults and 1 child, making it the world's smallest production four-seater convertible.

Despite the fact that we have no official confirmation that Toyota is indeed planning to introduce a 3+1 convertible variant, we cannot see why the Japanese automaker wouldn't consider the development of a drop-top iQ especially since the minicar is scheduled to make its way into the States as a Scion.
Source: <a href="http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/11...">CarScoop</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Re: Topless iQ

sorry for the newbie question, but whats the difference between a hardtop convertible and softtop?

I just got my licence and live in the middle of the city so i'm thinking of getting this car, its so cute! great timing too! Although we're usually the last ones to get things here "down under" so who knows when it'll be available

I was totally sold on getting the red\black smartfor2 cabrio... but now i'm not so sure after what a lot of people have said about it being "rough".... but I'd also prefer a manual to a semi-automatic, so if the IQ will come in cabriolet/manual form it would be perfect for me.

I'm also having trouble locating the engine specifics, like Litre capacity? I guess its not that important but i'd love nothing more than a pint sized car with some decent grunt.

Ta mate, great job with the site!

Cate
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
marinjim

Default Re: Topless iQ

http://paultan.org/archives/2009/03/...a-iq-roadster/

Rendering Speculation: Toyota iQ Roadster
March 11, 2009 at 12:58 pm · Filed under Cars, Rumours, Toyota

Japanese-based Motor Magazine has released a speculative rendering that depicts a 2-seater convertible with a set of roll-over bars that is based on the iQ and that features Daihatsu Copen-like looks. Apparently, according to the magazine, Toyota is planning to unveil a new roadster version of its Toyota iQ super mini in a concept form at the Tokyo Motor Show which is set to kick start on October 23rd till November 8th this year.

Power plant options which are expected to be used include the same ones found in the iQ, which was recently awarded a 5-star Euro NCAP rating. These include a 1.0 liter and a 1.33 liter petrol powered units as well as a 1.4 liter diesel. Nothing is confirmed so far, but hopefully we can get more information regarding this mini roadster before the motor show.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
marinjim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IQ Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page